Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Goal 2020 Net Zero


The time has come for each person to act in support of everyone else instead of only their own self-interest.  This means forming a social contract with future generations.  In my remaining lifetime, I choose to change my lifestyle, how I manage my wealth, what I do with my time and money so that I am acting to support a sustainable society.

By 2020, we will be at net zero. That means we will be producing and capturing carbon so that our net contribution to the atmosphere is zero.
  1. reduce our use of electrical energy from non-renewable sources to zero.
  2. manage our money using local financial institutions
  3. use our land to grow as much of our own food as possible
  4. buy locally grown food or grown in Oregon
  5. reduce, reuse and recycle
  6. decrease our waste stream
  7. manage water use to conserve during dry months
Energy: electricity, transportation, purchases

Food: grow or buy local, support global sustainable practices by buying food that meet sustainable criteria.

Transportation: energy efficient, hybrid or electric, future?

Clothes: turn over wardrobe to support sustainable businesses

Legacy:  Use wealth to support the next generation.

Strategic Plan
What are the weaknesses of the current social system, government and capitalist system?

No comments:

Post a Comment