Friday, August 10, 2012

Special Person Letter about Grandma

Special Person
by Natalia G.
September 2011
Beginning of 5th Grade


Teacher’s Score:
5 = clear main idea - details supporting are carefully chosen and relevant.
5 = order works well, good intro/conclusion, good transitions in body.

My grandma has been taking care of me for as long as I can remember.  She picks me up from school every Monday and Tuesday. I can talk to her about anything and she’ll always understand. She’s the one who will always be there for me when I want to spend time with her or when I’m not feeling well.  My grandma is a very helpful, caring and generous person.

My grandma is unbelievably helpful. She’ll help me whenever I don’t understand my homework.  Or, when I can’t find something, she automatically finds it for me. If I have any tests at school, she will help me study for them. Whenever my grandma helps me, she always does it with care, she never rushes through it.

My grandma is very caring for the following reasons. She’s always on time to pick me up from school. She will always make sure I get a healthy snack. And, whenever I have a piano concert or soccer game, she will always be there to watch me no-matter-what. On top of all that, she’ll give me almost anything I ask for.

I’ve never seen anyone more generous than my grandma! Whenever she makes cookies, she’ll always let me take home the extras.  Or, for example, whenever she has coins in her purse, she’ll always give them to me to put in my coin collection.  And with her special sewing skills, she’ll sew me tons of things with her favorite pieces of fabric.  My grandma is not overly helpful, generous or caring, she’s just the right amount.

My grandma is so incredible, sometimes I can’t find a good enough way to thank her!  It just seems impossible to think of someone more helpful, generous or caring than my grandma. I really appreciate all that my grandma does for me.  Whenever I get the chance, I always try to be just as nice to her as she is to me. I can’t think of a better gift to have in life than caring, helpful and generous!

No comments:

Post a Comment